Body Shop Process in Wheat Ridge
Serving the Castle Rock and Wheat Ridge, Colorado areas, Medved Autoplex provides superior customer service and auto repairs to better serve our valued customers. Our body shop in Wheat Ridge is staffed with experienced service technicians ready to answer your questions and attend to any service needs for your vehicle.
You never know when you'll need a repair, or when you might get into an accident, but rest assured that we are here to take care of you and your vehicle. Whether it's cosmetic or an extensive repair, we are here to assist you in getting your vehicle back on the road as fast as possible without compromising quality.
Step by Step Process
At Medved Autoplex, we are committed to excellence and efficiency, which requires attention to detail every step of the way. See what our typical repair process is like below:
1) Estimate & Inspection: Bring your vehicle to the Body Shop at Medved in Wheat Ridge, and we'll perform a thorough inspection. We'll give you an initial estimate that determines the cost of the repair for the damage that is visible. Often, there is hidden damage that cannot be determined until the vehicle is disassembled.
2) Insurance Approval: By law, an insurance company cannot mandate where you repair your vehicle. After you receive an inspection, your insurance company will review the estimate. After negotiations and approval from your insurance company, the repair process can officially begin.
3) Disassembly: When your car is disassembled, we'll be able to identify any hidden damage that we'll discuss with you. In some instances, this may require further review and approval from your insurance company.
4) Order Parts: All the replacement parts necessary for the repair will be ordered - some may need to be special ordered. As an official dealer, we have access to OEM parts for the brands we carry. Repair begins once all the structural parts are received, which may take a few days or more depending on the parts required.
5) Structure Repair: If your vehicle has structural damage, we will need to use a structural alignment machine that restores the vehicle back to factory specifications. Because many of your vehicle's safety features are dependent on the structure, a sophisticated computer measuring system is used to ensure structural repairs are accurate.
6) Body Repair: During this process, we'll replace exterior panels. We'll install and align sheet metal to restore your vehicle's original contour. Filler is used where necessary to cover any marks left in the metal.
7) Prime & Paint: The most critical part of the refinishing process and the look and durability of your vehicle's exterior finish is paint preparation. We apply primer to all the repaired and bare metal to restore corrosion protection. To ensure proper adhesion of the paint, we seal the panels. Finally the panels are ready for the top color and clear coats of paint.
8) Reassembly: All the parts removed for the repair and final moldings are reassembled. We check all of the vehicle's systems to assure proper functionality.
9) Detailing: The car will be cleaned inside and out, as well as road tested. All imperfections in the paint will be removed and the panels will be waxed to achieve a uniform finish. A final quality inspection is performed to assure the vehicle is restored to its original condition.
10)Delivery: When the repair is complete, we will contact the customer. When you pick up your vehicle, we will review the repair and complete the final paperwork.
Start The Process Today
To begin the process of restoring your vehicle, fill out the form below and one of our technicians will contact you as soon as possible to get your vehicle into our shop. If you prefer, you can also call our Service Department or visit our Collision Center in Wheat Ridge, Colorado.
We are so confident in the repairs and restorations we perform at any of our Medved locations that we offer a Lifetime Warranty. See for yourself with our before and after repair photos. If you have any questions regarding our body shop or repair process, do not hesitate to call us.